To provide participants with the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to plan, facilitate and evaluate Advocacy and Appropriate Activities for people with dementia
Comment from participant
" Excellent" Bridget Cullinane
" My learning through St. Luke's has been enriched by the quality of what I have received, both through the education and especially the care and understanding within the surrounds of this wonderful place. " Hilda Plant
Participants will gain insights into:
• What Advocacy is and is not.
• Setting up and running Residents Councils/Meetings.
• Adapting an Advocacy service responsive to the needs of the residents.
• Consent and capacity in Dementia Care (new legislation).
• Therapeutic benefits of activities for the Older Adult with Dementia.