St. Luke’s Home has invested significantly in the training and education of our staff members over the years. This desire has been further advanced with the construction of a state of the art Education Centre on site here at Mahon.
Northridge Education Centre has been established to enhance the quality, consistency and relevance of education to individuals and institutions committed to the care of the Older Person, both in the public and private sector.
Many of the courses offered by the Education Centre are accredited by either FETAC (QQI) or An Bord Altranais.
In addition to providing training to meet the standards expected by HIQA and the other statutory bodies the Education Centre continues to enhance the breath of training it can provide e.g. the provision of Clinical Pastoral Education and other courses in pastoral ministry.
QQI Accredited Courses
- QQI Level 5 – Care of the Older Person Evenings (6.00pm – 9.30pm) (5N2706)
- QQI Level 5 – Care Skills (5N2770)
- QQI Level 5 – A Palliative Care Approach (5N3769)
- QQI Level 5 – Occupational First Aid (5N1207)
- QQI Level 6 – Health & Safety Management (6N1782)
- QQI Level 6 – Gerontology (6N3748)
- QQI Level 6 – Supervisory Management (6N4329)
- QQI Level 6 – Team Leadership (6N1948)
- QQI Level 6 – Training Delivery & Evaluation (6N3326)
- QQI Level 6 – Training Needs Identification & Design (6N3325)
Other Available Courses
- Basic First Aid
- CPR and Defibrillator Training
- Manual Handling (Including Patient Handling)
- Prevention of Elder Abuse
- Responsive Behaviours (A Half Day Course)
- Standard Precautions of Infection Control
- Understanding Dementia (A Half Day Introduction)
Plus many other healthcare and personal development courses. For a complete list of courses or more information head over to the Northridge House Education Centre website at www.northridgehouse.ie