Activities in Older Adult Care and for People with Dementia
An Bord Altranais Category 1 – 2 ABA CEU’s
2:00pm – 5.00pm – (Half Day Course)
4th February or 14th April
This half-day course will equip participants with foundation skills in adapting and developing an activities programme in older adult care.
The residents’ needs will be prioritised throughout and all of the programmes will be assessed to cater to each resident’s interests and abilities. Activities focus on the social and fun factor as well as the physical benefits. HIQA Standard 18 require that“techniques such as life stories, reminiscence, reality orientation, validation, sensory equipment and music are used to enhance communication”.
- Why Are Activities Important in Older Adult Care?
- Suitable Activities to Consider
- Activities in Dementia Care
- The Benefits of Activity – Psychologically & Physically
- Adapting to the Needs of Individual Residents
- Materials, Equipment & Resources Needed
- Some Good Practice Principles
- Activities in the Later Stages Of Dementia – Stimulating The Senses