Advocacy for the Older Adult and the Person with Dementia
An Bord Altranais Category 1 – 3 ABA CEU’s
9:30am – 1:00pm (Half Day Course)
4th February or 14th April
To provide participants with the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to plan, facilitate and evaluate Advocacy.
Participants will gain insights into:
- What Advocacy is and is not.
- Setting up and running Residents Councils/Meetings.
- Adapting an Advocacy service responsive to the needs of the residents.
- Consent and capacity in Dementia Care (new legislation).
- Therapeutic benefits of activities for the Older Adult with Dementia.