Manual Handling (Including Patient Handling)
9:30am – 4:30pm (A One Day Course)
or 9th May
Aim: To enable staff to follow safer moving and handling of people, to ensure back care awareness and to meet the requirements of working in residential care. The course is a mix of theory and practice ensuring participants have competencies and experience in the use of different
- Participants will learn how the back works and how it can be injured.
- How do we and our organisations can help to prevent back injury at work.
- How lifestyle can contribute to back pain.
- Principles of safer handling.
- Ergonomics a user centred approach.
- People risk assessment.
- Flexibility exercises.
- People moving and handling techniques.
Comments for recent course participants:
“Great learning experience – I would recommend anyone to come here that needed to do this course the instructor was very helpful and was willing to help and give any information that was needed” – Karen O’ Mahony.
“Couldn’t be better – a great teacher A-1” Jennifer Gubbins