Prevention of Elder Abuse Training
Ref No: EA
An Bord Altranais Approved (3.5 ABA CEUs)
9:30am – 1:00pm (A Half Day Course)
21st January, 7th April
To promote and sustain a holistic approach to protection of the vulnerable adult.
To ensure proper procedures for reporting suspicions or complaints of abuse.
To raise awareness for all those who work with older people.
- Understand what abuse is and how it is defined.
- Exploration of the different types of abuse and recognise the signs of abuse.
- Reflect upon how attitudes and behaviours influence the care environment.
- Explore guidelines and reporting procedures in following best practice.
- Be aware of HIQA Standards and Specific Requirements of Legislation.
- Documentation e.g. Incident Report.