Day Care Centre
St. Luke’s Day Care centre, run with the support of the Health Services Executive – South, is a self-contained, fully staffed section within St. Luke’s Home, utilising the facilities such as catering, physiotherapy, and other services available in the Home.
This facility is a very important support to the older person who is still able to live at home but needs to have a link to available services in the community. Day Care allows them to retain their independence without feeling isolated and gives them the opportunity to meet up with others in a similar situation for social activities and interaction.
St. Luke’s Home’s Day Care Centre:
- Works closely with the local health centres of the Health Services Executive and with clients’ General Practitioner or Public Health Nurse.
- Provides respite and support for the clients family
- Enables the client to enjoy a change of environment in a safe and secure way
- Promotes and encourages social interaction and intellectual stimulation
- Allows monitoring of physical and mental health needs, and risk assessment