St. Luke’s Charity was founded in 1872 and operates under the patronage of the Church of Ireland. It provides nursing, healthcare, daycare and outreach services for the benefit of the community. Its subsidiary, St. Luke’s Home, operates a 128-bed, long-stay nursing home on the shores of Loughmahon in Cork. This provides long-term residential care and day care services for older people including a Dementia specific unit. The Charity also runs a dedicated Education and Research Centre (Northridge House) which offers support to the healthcare sector generally. In addition, St. Luke’s Charity Foundation raises funds to enhance the services provided.
Our staff are the reason St Luke’s Home is a centre of excellence in specialist care for the older person, specifically Dementia Care. To reach that standard, our goal in the HR department is to select, develop, facilitate, regulate, support and recognise our staff in a professional and respectful way.
We are also inviting applications for the following position(s):
Registered Nurses (RGN, RNID, RPN)
(Temporary Fixed term-Flexible hours)
The successful applicant will be an experienced Registered General Nurse with at least one years acute experience. Candidates must be registered on the General Division of Registrar of Nurses as maintained by the Nursing Board of Ireland or be entitled to register.
- Department of Healthcare / HSE rates of pay including Geriatric allowance and premiums
- Funded education provided in St Luke’s on-site Education centre, Northridge House and support offered for post graduate studies
- Pension and sick leave payment scheme
- Flexible working patterns to include rotation to Day and Night Duty
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Registration (or be eligible to register) on the general and / or intellectual disability nursing division with the Irish Nursing and Midwifery Board
- Demonstrate clear recent clinical practice in Gerontological care
Informal Enquiries welcome to Ms. Colette Culver, Tel 021 4359444 Ext:103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Care Assistants required – shifts: days, nights, evenings and weekends
• Department of Health HSE rates of pay
• Pension Scheme and Sick pay scheme
• FETAC Level 5 required
• Experience required
CV and letter of application to:
Ms. Fiona Dwyer, HR Manager, St Luke’s Home, Castle Road, Mahon, Cork